Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Second-Hand Serendipity...

Sequin Jacket - Salvos Op Shop, Aus___Necklaces - Salvos Op Shop and Smith Family Op Shop, Aus

As an avid op-shopper, one of the things that constantly amuses me is seeing an identical item to one I saw a few days/weeks/months back at a completely different op shop organisation/location.

I'm not talking about cheap chain store stuff that was made en-mass last season and is more than likely to be everywhere (read fluro stuff and oversize slogan tees) I mean older, random stuff that you know people have had squirrelled away in their wardrobes for ages before finally deciding to part with it.


These necklaces are a perfect example. I found one at my local Salvo's about a month ago, only to stumble across the EXACT same chain at a Smith Family op shop on the weekend.....I loved the whole 'fate' aspect so much I bought it on the spot.

Its a shame I couldn't capture them up close (thanks again, crappy 2 mega pixels on the iphone camera) because they're really scrolly and unique. Put it down to my twin-ness, I just think things are better in pairs....

Oh, the jacket was a bit of an impulse purchase - I don't usually go for things this shape (very Chanel, more my sister's thing) But she'd tried it on and decided the 10 she already has in her cupboard were better so I had a go. Something about the beaded edges and the $25 price tag spoke to me.... I think I'll start out teaming it with my vintage punk tees and some thrashed acid wash and see how it goes....

12 comments:

JODES & SARE said...

I don't already have 10 of these......it's really more like 6,which is a nice healty number when you think about it.

Don't give me fashion guilt sarah!

Ashleigh said...

cant wait to see you wearing that sequin cardi....its fanfreakintastic!!
XOX

eva said...

ahh great cardi! and awesome blog u have here!

www.inspires.me

Anonymous said...

i love your jacket!

Charmaine Li said...

im excited to see what you pair it up with!

Sara Luxe said...

wow what a find !

Abby said...

the jacket!
It is glorious!!
I want to see you in this very soon!

ohh and is jodes your sister? I love her blog too, cool blogging must run in the family.

ohh and I online shopped at that aboutagirl place you mentioned. It is really really good, and so quick to deliver! I think i am in love.

x

Terence Sambo said...

a lot ppl are getting into second-hand clothing.. imust admit there are some great steals and a good way to save money for students

Terence Sambo said...

Do drop bybmy blog and show some love :o)

Vintage Lollipops said...

Pictures, we need pictures... it's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love that sequined jacket!

Kristin said...

love the jacket ;)
Need more pole dancing!!!!

xo
Kristin